Dr. Beate Vieth and I are very happy to announce the online seminar “Black Swans & Bear Markets – The Effects of Crisis on the Economy“. The topic is black swan events and their effect on the economy based on the example of the current corona pandemic.
The event covers:
- COVID_19 Overview and Time
- Definitions and Classifications of Disasters
- Economic Effects
- Effects on Businesses
- Effects on Share Price
- Research Results on How Disasters Affect Stock Price
- Research Results on Typical Share Price Reactions
- COVID_19 Damage, Trends and New Normal in Different Industrial Sectors: Tourism, Aviation, Automotive, Financial Sector and Universities – How the Pandemic is Affecting and Shaping the Sectors
The event takes place online on Thursday the 27th of August at 6 pm.
Please register here for the online webinar.
For some of you, the topic might sound familiar. This webinar now covers a much broader scope and focuses on Corona as a crisis. It includes other research and many studies of big consulting firms, IMF, Statista and many more.
This event is the first event of the new research-backed event series „Opportunities in the Crisis“ which is organized with Political Educational Center Rhineland Palatinate of the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung.
It will be held in German. If there is interest in an English version, please reach out to me.